Cambodia!


I visited the beautiful Cambodia in early Aug '12.I spent ~10 days at a Children's Home and met wonderful, inspirational people there. Here are some pictures. Angkor Wat pics will be another post :)


Sunrise.. early flight out from KL-Siem Reap

Welcome to Siem Reap!

Oh blue skies! Far cry from the hazy ones we have here



The beautiful house I called Home for 10 days
Good for biceps.. Water pump for bath time. You have to try outdoor baths (sarong provided at the background). It is an experience!

The water tasted great

Perfect poster in our house - best place to have conversations of the past, present and future

The sun goes down..

The stars come up.. spent a short while here to get souvenirs

Early to rise..to the morning market :D

To the market we go..

Beautiful people.. they try to communicate even though you don't speak their language
They mostly deal in US Dollars..Real are used mostly in markets

Lady Finger Bananas! I miss them!

lovely french bread!

Tuk Tuk

Khmer language looks interesting

This is a road most traveled

Hello Kun Chikai (puppy in Khmer).. I miss you and your siblings!

My friend helping with the artwork for our "Only a Boy Named David" song for the kids



Gorgeous flower arrangement for Church service

Call me ignorant, I only learnt that this is how a dragon fruit tree/cactus looked like when I went to Siem Reap!

I miss the kids

Goodbye, beautiful Cambodia

I know I will return!

Comments

Jerome West said…
Ooooh, on my bucket list for a Vespa ride one day. Although not sure about the bathing outside part as the water would be cold.I kind of love my hot long showers. But I suppose it is so sweating hot that a cold shower would do.
Trotter said…
Hi Mariposa! Hope you are having a great season! Sorry for the absence, but 2012 was definitely a difficult year here in Portugal, and even worse for me...
Wish you a very Happy 2013, and enjoy Grenada in Blogtrotter Two!

Popular posts from this blog

What are they listening to?

Come Read With Me (February)

Barcelona!!