How special. I bet your Mom loved it. My Mom wasn't here for mother's day. I gave her present to her and told her not to opened it until mother's day. She was in Canada. She was happy when she got to opened it. She told me that she loved it. How many brothers and sisters do you have? I hope you don't mind if I ask you this question. How old are you? Have a great day ~Mercy
yeah, I have a big and amazing family. It is so much fun being around them. You can take this comment and the one before when you are done reading it. I understand. Hope you are having a great day! ~Mercy
"Women hold up half the sky" - Chinese Proverb The book I would like to share with all of you this month is called Half the Sky written by Nicholas Kristof & Cheryl Wudunn. This couple are actually journalists who have covered stories worldwide. This book is a must-read for everyone. It shares candid stories of women all over the world and the difficulties that are faced by them. Prostitution, Sex-trafficking, Rape, War, Childbirth , Education - and how you can help. By reading you can understand a little bit more of how people are living in countries like India, Pakistan, Africa..makes you feel really blessed and fortunate. Most importantly, it makes me realise I should do something to help these women, and not just by donating. Sure the world is free from slavery, but these women are still tied down as 2nd class citizens; the book calls them the 21st century slaves. Unable to have a say in anything decisions, forced to do what their husbands/societies ask them to, it...
I am so behind time, initially I was supposed to complete reading this book in December, but with friends visiting, preparations for Christmas and also the New Year had made me a lazy butterfly :) The book that I read was the final book of the Inheritance Cycle - Aptly named Inheritance. Paolini really pushed himself in this one, in fact, it feels a little bit too much..and the ending is [too] neutral for my liking. A smart move as he opened leeway for the story to continue. [Perhaps a new series??] This would be the first book that I've read that I actually felt sick/pain when I read the battle scenes. Good job, writer >.< The story had some endings for some of the characters, but all in all I enjoyed reading it, but the story became a little flat after the climax battle ended. Thank you for writing this cycle as you have made me love dragons considering there are in actual fact a gigantic version of the house lizards that I dislike oh so much! :P
Oreja & I have some pics to share with you of the cats that live at our backlane. I started to "befriend/be a slave" to them about a couple of months ago when I was doing the dishes in the kitchen and heard some cats meow-ing. So it became a routine of feeding them at night and sometimes for lunch if we're around. They would know immediately when someone's in the kitchen and will meow their little lungs out for dinner. Today we got a chance to see them durng lunch and after they ate, they immediately went to the shade and rested..well I'd call it POSE. They are such posers!! The joker on the left is the one that will meow non-stop till someone feeds it. The one on the right is the timid one..never heard it meow as of yet. Miss Middle will jump to get the food. Cheetah girls or pussycat dolls? The one on the right is the smart one. Once she finished eating, she'll lookout for me to see where I'm tossing next. They heard our neighbours talking and went ...
Comments
Very glad of your link: I'll follow both your blogs!
~Mercy
~Mercy