Ed Sheeran Live in Kuala Lumpur 14th November 2017

I have to blog this before I procrastinate yet again! haha this is probably more to record for my own memory as it pretty much fails in time.. :D 

Anyhow, I experienced something unforgettable this time around (how much more of an oxymoron can I get?.. yes, yes, the moron bit is confirmed..!)

In May (May 4th to be precise), I found out that Ed Sheeran will be coming for a concert in KL in November! I was so excited about it as the last time he came I had only knew about it after the concert was over (haha yeah). X (Multiply) is an album I constantly listen to in the car so yes, it was a shame I missed it. This time around I was determined to attend the concert.

The day to purchase the ticket arrived, and of course, I forgot about it..received a text from a friend in the morning informing me that his tickets were sold out in 30 minutes! What? That's pretty insane. We never experienced this during purchasing concert tickets for other artistes. Anyhow, I was like.. oh well that's fine. 

Around the same time, I joined a group I chanced upon at a local park that were exercising there. They were going to do a flash mob for SPCA awareness. The song our teacher chose was.. SHAPE OF YOU (Latin Remix) - I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! (more than the original, actually).I asked my friend J if she wanted to join as well, and she obliged.

The event was on 9th Sept and it was really fun!

So J (we've gone to 3 concerts together before this) actually shared that CitizenSetia is having a contest that you could win tickets to Ed's concert. The rules were upload a video of you showcasing your talent to Shape of You. Did a silly lol video and entered the contest.

So, since we have already submitted the video, we have nothing to lose but the tickets. Time to put in the work to garner votes!! 

The contest was based on 50% votes and 50% judged by the organisers. OH one little surprise we got was that we won the consolation prize during the first week! We won Ed's Divide CD ( we still qualified for the grand prize - 2 tickets to his concert).

Then Ed broke his arms.. lol madre mia. We were unsure but continued to garner votes. The healing is his business, not ours hehehe (of course, sent him positive thoughts and vibes)

Close to the deadline our mutual friend helped to push us to third spot, and we ended with 260 votes. 

Results day came.. and wahey...WE FREAKIN WON!!! OMG!!!!! I was super excited!! Did not expect for us to win (although, in reality there are 25 grand winners) - me being paranoid and didn't want to raise up my hopes (detachment has really helped! haha). We were going to Ed's concert!

Another miracle happened to another friend - he too wanted to attend the concert but missed out due to it being sold out. Someone couldn't make it and he managed to take their spot (2 tickets) - so we had more buddies attending! Traveled to KL together.

Collected our tickets and CD and went to rest a bit before the concert. Super duper loyal fans were already lining up to enter. Very surprised we won the mosh pit tickets (priced RM358 each!!) Reached around 8pm and we missed LAUV's performance.. well saw him playing the last song but it's ok..we came for ED! :D

Good thing we got to take this pic when we collected the prize for CitizenSetia's media post, cause when we reached it was dark and we wanted to enter the arena. yay.

ED WAS SUPER DUPER AMAZING! Being vertically challenged, was very fortunate to find a metal barricade that I could stand on... haha enjoyed the concert tremendously without being blocked!!

OK ED - this one man show.. OH MY GOODNESS - the loop pedal is sooo cool. Couldn't see from where we stood, but watching him doing his thing was something spectacular and amazing. Recording layer after layer of vocals and tunes...and hearing it playback and strung together to make a wonderful track..speechless. My fav tune from X album - Bloodstream - HOLY MOLY...mesmerizing. Thank you Ed for an amazing moment.


The screens were extremely impressive - give those who did the animations and design for the presentations for each song a massive supply of Magnum Ice Cream and choc cake (yes, it was THAT good). the LED screens were so sharp and the colours so vivid. He merged Don't with New Man - that was hilarious with the emojis flying all over. 

 
There were 2 proposals as well! heard the crowd at one end growing louder and we were boggled, cause Ed was on the stage. I think he was puzzled too, but managed to continue singing and being chill about it. This happened during Thinking Out Loud. Of course, crowd went nuts with all his hit ballads.. the number of phones being raised up to record were the highest for "Photograph".

Came back with 2 songs for the encore - Shape of You (our winning song lol!)..so fun.. let loose and dance! He ended with You Need Me I Don't Need You (from his Plus album). This gingerbread man can rap for 8 freaking minutes!! Ended with an amazing high! we joined a lot of other concert-goers humming and singing that tune on the way out.  

Such a wonderful night. I was enjoying it and glad that I could experience it with my friend. Without her cajoling to join the contest - I do not know if I could ever add this into my life memory.  Very grateful to those who voted and gave us encouraging words and support. Thank you, Universe! You heard my heart's desire..fulfilled 6 months + 10 days later from the day of intent! :) #lawofattraction 



Nothing but gratitude, love and joy in my heart. I'm of course, glad his arms recovered and healed.. it would be a loss to the world to lose such talent.

here's a new song he can pen.. to the tune of Castle on the Hill
When I was 26 I broke my arms,
I was riding on a bicycle,
Cancelled 5 shows so I could heal..
..well started it for you..continue writing, you're the one with the talent! hehe

Bibia Be Ye Ye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are they listening to?

Alleycats!

Come Read With Me (February)