Diana Gabaldon

It's been 6 months and I have finally completed the 6th book of the Outlander Series written by Diana Gabaldon. A friend gave Oreja and myself the first 2 books for Christmas last year and I absolutely LOVE it!! Oreja is too chicken to read them..she saw the thickness of the book, flipped through it, and complained that the fonts are too tiny!! Your loss!

The story revolves around an English nurse (Claire) who touches some stones whilst holidaying in Scotland with her historian husband. She went through those stones and ended up 200 years in the past - when the English are trying to take over Scotland. There she meets her hubby's fore father and she finds out that he wasn't a good man. She is then abducted by a group of Highlanders. She is forced to marry a Scot to keep her from being captured by the English. and eventually falls in love with the Scot (Jamie)...who I tell you is extremely hot! lol That's just the introduction. The story also goes back to the present, and they also travel to the Indies and America.

Anyway Diana's books has a little bit of everything - history, love, adventure, science fiction, murder and humour. I love they way she writes and she's really good in explaining. It's really cool when she writes about Claire finding herbs and roots to cure certain ailments cuz there's no modern medicine then. The series goes on where Claire returns to the present and more characters are added. It gets interesting when her daughter travels back to look for her real father. She has some Gaelic, French and German in the books, but it does not affect much of the comprehension of the plot. Some Chinese was in it too, and a super small bit of Spanish - she kept using Cabrón (a word for an illegitimate child that rhymes with mustard). hehehe

OK i'm going to stop rambling now. I cannot wait for her 7th book...BUT I just checked Wiki, and this is what was written: An Echo in the Bone (Release date TBD)[2] As of June 2008 Amazon UK lists two release dates: hardcover 1 Mar 2010 and paperback 24 Sept 2009.

This reeks..I have to be patient. I can't blame her for taking so long as her novels are SO THICK!! The last 2 books were about 1,500 pages each. Your arms get some workout as the wheels in your head turn.

I'M GOING TO DIE WAITING!!!! I should have read slower!! I only read during my lunch breaks and a short while after work, looks like I should've dragged on a lil bit more!

My babies =D


Book: (Click on them and it'll bring you to the synopsis)
#1 -
Outlander
#2 - Dragonfly in Amber
#3 - Voyager
#4 - Drums of Autumn
#5 - The Fiery Cross
#6 - A Breath of Snow and Ashes

Click here for Diana's site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are they listening to?

Come Read With Me (February)

Barcelona!!