Come Read with me - The Dark Artifices Trilogy

 


My amazing cousin (who is my source of books) had this trilogy and after YEARS I decided to read them. It was a pretty good trilogy with lots of twists and turns and Cassandra Clare is amazing (as usual) to keep the reader hooked on to the plot. Although there were some parts that I had to speed read cause she is excellent in describing the situation, etc and I just wanted to know what happened next! (yes, I'm the impatient one here). Mind you, there are many characters and at some point I get confused and the youngest sibling is supposed to be 7 or 8 but he was portrayed like he was 4 (he was being babied too much) - I suppose in the next trilogy or something, he was going to be shown in a different light (you'll see that more in the third book (maybe the books are out, I have no idea!😛😛) - OKAY I checked and wikipedia has the answer - it's going to be followed by The Last Hours Chronicles..BUT nothing to do with these characters - the ones that will be connected to these folks will be called The Wicked Powers and it's not out yet.


I liked how there were different realms that they had to go into and necromancy was involved too and it was pretty interesting (kept my attention). Of course, I forgot - the main characters have a love affair that isn't accepted by their laws and society.  I really sped read through those parts cause I just felt it wasn't necessary BUT you'll understand why it was necessary when the trilogy ends. If you liked the Mortal Instruments and her other Chronicles [I've only read the Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices and The Dark Artifices and one of the The Eldest Curses and one of The Bane Chronicles (it didn't tickle my fancy)], you will definitely enjoy this one. 

It felt really good to hold and read a physical book, and how your neck and body aches after sitting or lying down at the same position for too long (ah, just like old times!).


Yep, definitely check it out - Kudos to Cassandra Clare, she took a LOT of time and did her research to complete these books. Thank you for that.


Links:

Cassandra Clare Official Website

The Shadowhunter Chronicles



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are they listening to?

Alleycats!

Come Read With Me (February)