Sorry for the delayed post! I read 2 books during August, couldn't get to do much reading because I was busy Holiday-ing (woot!) First book I read brought me back to my early teen years.. Someone donated a storybook for our Office Library and when I saw it..I reminded myself to read it when I could. One evening I left the office late and took the chance to read it. It's a typical, straight-forward teen love story. What can I say? It was nice reading it - sans the complication and the pain some books tend to have. Oh the good 'ol days! Second book I read was Book 11 of the Sookie Stackhouse Series (also known as Trueblood - the series are aired on telly..real good!~). This book I must say I was a little disappointed. I kinda forced myself to complete reading it. I read book 10 some time back, so i kinda forgot what the plot was. And with the author throwing in new characters and relationships - fairies, werewolves..shifters,uncle cousin niece,fairy grandfather..I got a bit c...
I am so behind time, initially I was supposed to complete reading this book in December, but with friends visiting, preparations for Christmas and also the New Year had made me a lazy butterfly :) The book that I read was the final book of the Inheritance Cycle - Aptly named Inheritance. Paolini really pushed himself in this one, in fact, it feels a little bit too much..and the ending is [too] neutral for my liking. A smart move as he opened leeway for the story to continue. [Perhaps a new series??] This would be the first book that I've read that I actually felt sick/pain when I read the battle scenes. Good job, writer >.< The story had some endings for some of the characters, but all in all I enjoyed reading it, but the story became a little flat after the climax battle ended. Thank you for writing this cycle as you have made me love dragons considering there are in actual fact a gigantic version of the house lizards that I dislike oh so much! :P
"Women hold up half the sky" - Chinese Proverb The book I would like to share with all of you this month is called Half the Sky written by Nicholas Kristof & Cheryl Wudunn. This couple are actually journalists who have covered stories worldwide. This book is a must-read for everyone. It shares candid stories of women all over the world and the difficulties that are faced by them. Prostitution, Sex-trafficking, Rape, War, Childbirth , Education - and how you can help. By reading you can understand a little bit more of how people are living in countries like India, Pakistan, Africa..makes you feel really blessed and fortunate. Most importantly, it makes me realise I should do something to help these women, and not just by donating. Sure the world is free from slavery, but these women are still tied down as 2nd class citizens; the book calls them the 21st century slaves. Unable to have a say in anything decisions, forced to do what their husbands/societies ask them to, it...
Comments