Come read with me - May


Yes I made the deadline!! Just about completed reading my book for May. I was quite tied up with work and a project I was working on in May. I read Book 1 of the Kane Chronicles. It is written by the amazing Rick Riordan; the author of the Percy Jackson series and Heroes of Olympus.

Kane Chronicles - The Red Pyramid (1st book of out 3) focuses on 2 siblings who are on a quest to rescue their father who mysteriously disappears in a web of spells, magic and Egyptian Gods. The book is pretty light to read, but sometimes I do get a little confused with all the names of the Egyptian Gods.

It does pose as a good introductory for Egyptian Gods 101 ;)
Sadie & Kane (the siblings) go off on an adventure that they did not bargain for and they are forced to undergo certain obstacles and a big dilemma is placed on their plate: Save their father or save the world? Read the book to find out. It's wonderfully filled with wit, humour and adventure. It has the right amount of sarcasm as well :D

I just found out that Book 2 of the Kane Chronicles has been released! I can't wait to read it..yay~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are they listening to?

Come Read With Me (February)

Barcelona!!