OneRepublic's Native Tour 31.10.13


My buddy and I went to OneRepublic's Native tour which was held in Sunway Lagoon, KL. This will be my first Concert in a mosh-pit as I'm a little claustrophobic and 'not-too-young' no more..it was a good experience I would say; least I can finally tick "being in a mosh pit" off my bucket list! 

We flew to Subang in the afternoon and hung about in Sunway Pyramid mall till the concert (starts at 8.30pm). Happily checked out the venue, etc. Plus point was that we accidentally saw Drew and I reckon, Brent walking back to their hotel. What did we do? We followed them. Oh man! I haven't done these kind of things since my teens! hahaha..but we didn't run nor scream after them. We slowly walked behind them.. lol! we sat at the hotel lobby and their bodyguard shoo-ed us off. We didn't cause any ruckus, of course..I understand they need their privacy, but it was kind of fun and stupid at the same time :D Only managed to get a REALLY shaky shot of Drew and I think it was Brent on the right..but I can't recall no more :p


The Concert itself..was AWESOME! Ryan..dang, that dude can sing live!! I had my doubts cause sometimes he seems to go over the top when I watch on telly/youtube. He is incredibly talented..and creative..heck the whole band is. His interaction with the crowd is commendable. It was a small venue and the crowd wasn't so big. We were in the 3rd row @ the General Admission area.I'm so surprised that we were surrounded by..teens!! They were probably just going to primary school when they started out. The downside was that..they were constantly recording the whole concert, without truly appreciating the concert..doesn't help when you're short and a tall lanky kid stands in front of you with an iPad recording it. That was quite annoying. Managed to see most of the show, but towards the end, there was a shift and somehow we got caught behind the iPad teens. So it was a constant peeping in between phones, pads and necks to see the stage and the screen. They 'conveniently' put the VVIP section in front of the screens and we couldn't see much from there. Thank goodness there were 2 screens.



 The lightworks were really awesome. With their concert being on Halloween's, they started the show wearing masks..that was cool :)

All in all it was a great concert, but I think I am too old to be in a mosh pit!!! We waited from 7pm till ~8.45pm and the show ended ~10.30pm.. so it wasn't really good for our knees :p

I don't know if they will ever come back, if they do, I hope the venue has seats! hahahaha

Taken from the screen


My view of the stage.. not as bad as Linkin Park's!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are they listening to?

Come Read With Me (February)

Barcelona!!